Freeman Academy seeks to encourage students to practice their faith through worship, service, discussions and relationships. Regular chapel services provide opportunities for participation in worship. Bible classes give intentional instruction in Bible knowledge and faith topics. All teachers have the opportunity to include spiritual dimensions into class discussions topics. A scheduled community service day and spring service trip gives students experience in ministering to the practical needs of persons. In addition, there are numerous informal spiritual growth experiences available to the student. For example:
- Students have initiated a morning prayer/Bible study group.
- Chapel hour with speakers and worship twice a week.
- Athletic teams frequently share devotions and prayer before contests.
- Teachers may include prayer at any time in the classroom.
- Bible classes include Bible memory assignments.
- Some students participate in a worship band to lead chapel singing.
- Students serve the school during the spring Schmeckfest.
- Music groups often give programs at local nursing homes and senior care facilities.
- Teachers have opportunities to discuss spirituality with students in informal settings.