Experience Freeman Academy
Learn more about our events!
Over 60 years, the Freeman community has enjoyed 4,000-6,000 visitors during two weekends each spring for our annual Schmeckfest. This is our largest annual fundraiser.
Tasting Festival in the German language.
- MEAL: A buffet of unlimited made-from-scatch German foods passed down for generations, served hot out of the oven.
- MUSICAL: Local volunteers put in hundreds of hours designing the set, rehearsing lines, practicing instrumental music and much more.
- DEMONSTRATIONS: Learn how to make these amazing foods, hear stories of pioneer days, and see historic artifacts from the area.
Schmeckfest sales directly support
Freeman Academy’s General Fund.
Ribs & MOre / Alumni Reunion
In 2008, Sterling Hall & Gymnasium was built with the generous support of the community. The remaining balance is nearing the end, with each and every rib eaten.
Ribs at the Ranch has been going since 2008 to assist with the Sterling Hall remaining debt.
- Over 200 racks of ribs are slow cooked until they fall off the bone. Served from 4pm-8pm at the end of June each year.
- Due to the popularity of chislic in the region, we have added “& MORE” to make sure visitors from near and far can enjoy this as often as possible
- Musical is played on our beautiful boulevard where tables are gathered together. Alumni enjoy the event as part of their celebration together.
Ribs (& MORE) at the Ranch proceeds go directly toward paying for Sterling Hall & Gymnasium.
This is not your typical High School Christmas program! The music department has combined their phenomenal vocal and instrumental concert with a Christmas meal, themed each and every year.
Yuletide is another term for Christmas and has Latin roots to include a celebratory feast.
- High School students dress in costumes, such as Renaissance or the Victorian era. Songs performed from this timeframe will make you forget these are students ages 13-18.
- Multiple courses are served by students and volunteers between songs. Banquet seating allows people to visit during the busy season.
- Many locals are appreciated for their support throughout the school year.
Yuletide tickets directly support the Music Department at Freeman Academy.